Wednesday, May 25, 2011

From the Capital to the Airport


Welcome to Comalapa Airport



Welcome to
Olocuilta
















In the journey on the way to or back from El Salvador, you will encounter a pretty interesting town that is one of best and "must go" place that I would highly recommend, whether you are a turist or a resident.
Within 15 minutes,

Olocuilta the Place!!!!

Olocuilta is a little town that has this variety of chains of pure Salvadorian food. It is situated half journey to the airport. So if you are just arriving to the country and could eat in the plane, whether because the food was disgusting or you just fall asleep, and didn't woke up(mostly happens to me). Well, Olocuilta has to be the first and last place you must experience( or at least you cannot leave without trying it). I always when i travel or coming back home, I always order pupusas to go no matter what!!! What is very interesting (mostly to Americans) is that there is no fancy restaurant in Olocuilta. Customers get to eat in this plastic tables with this wooden long chairs. In addition, it is worth while to see how a pupusa is made and how they are prepared in your plate. In additon, for a person to experience Real Salvadorian Pupusas, you will need to do the following things:
  • Never use forks nor knives.
  • Pour the sauce on top of the curtis.
  •  Cut a reasonable slice and put a reasonable amount of curtis with sauce on top.
  • Grab both on them
  • Enjoy!!!!!!!

 
What you will see
when doing the Pupusa

The Final Product
As we can notice on the image on the left, there is one pupusa bigger than the others ones. Well, only in Olocuilta has this special pupusa that is the size of 3 pupusas in 1, the rest are the normal same pupusas. Salvadorians has a variety of different ingridients for a pupusa. The most common pupusa orders are the cheese pupusa and the bean with cheese pupusa. In addition to that, there are several other ingridients, such as beans with chop pork and a mix of beans/cheese with chop pork  Lastly, one of the causes that makes this experience worth a try is that for a Pupusa, it will cost you

US0.35-$0.50 

And I'm pretty sure that for a guy, it doesn't need no more than 4 pupusas to get you full. For a woman, it doesn't need no more than two pupusas to be full. I am a big eater, and I love to eat. I usually get 4 pupusas to get me satisfied, but my record is 6!



El Salvador International Airport
AKA: Comalapa Airport
The El Salvador International airport is one of the modern and biggest airport in Central America. It has 17 gates; where 14 is connected to waiting rooms. In regards with safety level, this airport is the only one in Central America to be Certified Category 1 by the Category of Aviation of the U.S. In addition, this airport is AKA "Comalapa Airport" and it is 112,729 ft. Within 30 minutes, you will be arriving. Moreover to that, inside the airport, there is a variety of shopping areas. Something that I see, do and recommend is to buy whatever you need here.Why? Because it is CHEAPER!; than in other countries, especially Europe and United States that are very expensive. Things that you find cheap here are from perfum and lotions --> to alcohol and cigarrettes. Furthermore, Comalapa Airport is the best because it has flight directly to Europe and more variety of flights in America. Some of the companies that flies in-and-out are:
 
  • American Airlines
  • Continental
  • Delta
  • Avianca/Taca
  • Iberia
  • Spirit( on June 12,2011)
  • Copa Airlines
  • Mexicana
  • Aeromexico
In addition, E.S. is such convinience because as said before "The Country of Short Distances" well also when you fly it applies that theory:



  • From El Salvador to Bogota, Colombia = 2 hours
  • From El Salvador to Lima, Peru  =  4 hours
  • From El Salvador to Guatemala City  =  25 minutes
  • From El Salvador to Miami  =  2 hours
  • From El Salvador to Los Angeles = 4 hours
  • From El Salvador to Madrid  =  9 hours

2 comments:

  1. Pablo, as alway I agree on you with things that you post about El Salvador. I am so desperate to go to Olocuilta and enjoy their specific orange color "Curtido" I have in mind 4 rice and cheese pupusas that are cooked until crunchy. I am so hungry right now hahaha! To my surprise I didn't know that Spirit Airlines is opening a new flight to El Salvador. This is really new to me, but we needed this change as I was tired of paying large amounts of money to travel to a place that is just 2-hours away. I guess that now with this flight I will be traveling more back home which is really nice.

    Thanks for your post and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy I can finally see your blog!!! I yall keep posting about pupusas and I am just dying to try them. I think I'll be able to make it down this weekend to FLL. I love everything you have posted you really make me want to fly down for a visit! Maybe someday I'll be able to... promise to show me around :)

    ReplyDelete